Saturday, January 17, 2009

I can play too...

Cinnamon Raisin Multi Grain bread 2.0

The Cinnamon Raisin Bread has a been a womanly favorite since I first made it a few months ago. I was bored tonight and wanted to do something for Ariele so I got to work on making a loaf. While making it, I decided to see just how bad too much of a good thing is. So, to start with I took out a tbsp of flour and added a tbsp of cold milled flax. Then I decided to substitute flax for butter, and used 2 egg whites instead of one whole egg. I used whole wheat flour instead of white flour and organic raisins. When I was almost done, I noticed that the recipe calls for 3/4 cup of nuts, which I had always omitted. Instead I added 1/2 cup of Adams all natural peanut butter and 1 tbsp of honey to counter the unsweetened peanut butter. I added an extra 1/4 cup of hot water to counter the dryness of the flax. I should have added a bit more.

Ariele still isn't home to try any yet, but I don't hate it. It's still missing something, but that usually means Ariele might like it.







4 comments:

Ariele O'Brien said...

It tastes good...! But I do like XP better than Vista. ;) Thanks for the bread.

crabbylove said...

looks good to me

carol said...

What a good hubby to fix something special for his love.

Anonymous said...

The bread looks good and you look very handsome.